HG Horseshoeing has several package options for precise hoof care for your special horse. Whether you have a show horse or best friend, we travel with all the supplies to attend to any hoof need.
For remote clients that can’t use our in-person services, we now offer consultation services as well! Please check out The Perfect Trim.
Essential Hoof Care
For companion and normal performance horses
Your horse is your best friend and your dance partner. You want to keep him as sound and happy as he can be. Our Essential Hoof Care package is perfect for the average performance or companion horse. It contains:
- A carefully balanced trim, so that your horse’s whole body is aligned from the ground up, reducing stress and strain on his tendons, ligaments, and joints.
- Basic shoe customization as needed, so that your horse gets the perfect fit for his body and discipline, allowing him to work at his peak performance.
- Explanations and training for you to understand and manage your horse’s hoof health, so that you feel comfortable and capable of caring for your horse and making the best decisions for his health.
For horses with significant hoof or leg problems
Hoof and leg conditions such as:
- Navicular disease
- Chronic founder
- Acute bruising
- Tendon or ligament injuries
Or other corrective work can limit your riding time and cause your horse a lot of pain. If you have a horse with hoof or leg issues, your primary goal is to get him back on the right foot as quickly as possible, whether he’s a competitive show horse or your backyard best friend. Our Advanced Soundness package containsHandmade, customized, or special order shoes specific to your horse’s needs, so that he has the support he needs, right where he needs it.
- Additional soundness products, such as pour-in pads, hoof packing, hoof wall repairs, or supportive pads, so that your horse starts feeling more comfortable fast.
- Consultation time with your veterinarian, chiropractor, or others on your horse’s health care team, so that we develop a cohesive plan for his care and work together to implement it.
For horses in immediate laminitic distress
If there is one word that can strike fear in the heart of any equestrian, it would be laminitis. The good news: according to USDA statistics, 74% of horses with laminitis in any given year will recover completely. What is the key to their recovery? Prompt, accurate care from knowledgeable and experienced professionals working together as a team, with your skilled farrier at the center. Our laminitis package contains:
- Appointment coordination and communication with your veterinarian, so that your horse’s team can coordinate the care plan and shorten the time he spends in acute distress, speeding healing and minimizing damage to his hooves.
- Customized trimming, shoes, hoof packing, and other products required for your horse’s hoof care, so that he gets exactly the relief he needs when he needs it.
- Priority appointment scheduling, so that changes in your horse’s condition can be addressed rapidly.
Saddle Seat Show Horse
For the high-stepping star of the show ring
You train hard all year to get your elite show horse ready for the bright lights. The quality of his shoeing can make or break your performance in the ring. We have decades of experience in training and showing saddle seat horses as well as shoeing them; we understand exactly what we are looking at and what you’re feeling from the saddle.
Our Show Horse package covers:
- Shoes customized for your horse’s way of going, so that you can optimize his motion and keep him sound.
- USEF compliant pads, bands, and hoof packing appropriate for your horse’s show division, so that his hooves are protected and he can move comfortably.
- Under saddle or video observation of your horse’s performance, so that his angles and shoe package can be perfected as he progresses in his training.
What people are saying:
“Thank you so much for the work you do! This guy’s feet look amazing; his feet have never looked better!” ~ Sara Hensley
“Thank you for the work you have done on Setanta!” ~ Terry Cooley-Kirkpatrick